New Quotidian Designs: Hikari




This year I've decided to share some of my favourite names and quotes that I have already shared on Quotidian Designs. Today's name is "Hikari".

The name "Hikari" means light in Japanese. It is derived from  which means light.


The name is pronounced liked this:

It can also be written like this:



Which is also pronounced as "Hikari".

Hikari (ひかり, "Light") is also the name for the high-speed bullet trains in Japan that run on the Tokaido and Sanyo Shinkansen lines. These trains are some of the fastest in Japan as of 2018, but apparently not as fast as the premier Nozomi on the Japan Rail Pass. Nevertheless, it definitely lives up to its name. 

Here is a video that shows a model of this beautiful train:



And here is a short video about travelling in the train:

One day I would love to ride this amazing high-speed bullet train. I have never been to Japan before, but I would love to, and this train would definitely be a must-see destination for me!

So that is this week's name of the week. For all those named Hikari, I hope you have a lovely year ahead, full of light and happiness. 

And for everyone, may your midnights be magical, I'll see you in the next time. 

Goodnight!

Comments