A Day in the Enchanted Pumpkin Patch

Dear Diary,

tending to the pumpkins

Today was one of those perfect days when the world feels just right. I have noticed for many years how pumpkins respond to different seasons, and fall must be their favorite time of the year. I can hear the faint hum of their satisfaction and approval from the magic of the pumpkins as they sit nestled in their pumpkin patch. Even though they do not speak in a human tongue, I get the familiar flashes of happiness and delight as I walk by them and that is how I know that they are pleased. This in turn pleases me, as when the pumpkins are happy, the enchantment over our secret little farm is boosted for the year to come, and I can live in peace here on this farm, not worrying about intruders locating this sacred space.

Morning Meditation:

Morning Meditation

I started my day with a peaceful meditation among the pumpkins. Their magic flows around me and I breath it in, absorbing it through my pores and focusing on it so that it binds with my magic within my soul. This is a mandatory daily activity that I must remember to do to enhance my powers and build a deeper connection with the magical pumpkins of the pumpkin patch. Not to mention the soft rustling of leaves and the gentle hum of nature's magic always soothes my soul. It's a moment of reflection and connection, where I offer gratitude for the wonders that surround me.

Tending to the Pumpkins:

examining the pumpkins

My beloved pumpkins are my closest companions, aside from Moss of course. They are more than just plants; they're enchantments in orange and green. I carefully inspected each one, ensuring they were thriving. I often have to chide Moss and remind her not to pluck out their leaves, as it hurts the poor things. The touch of their leaves, the scent of earth, and the warmth of the sun on my skin as comforting aspects of the farm that sometimes make me feel like who could ever want to leave such a charming and comforting place?

Artistry in Nature:

Reading in the pumpkin patch

One of my greatest joys is channeling my creativity onto canvases made of pumpkin fiber. Yes, it sounds gross, however pumpkins are organic matter. Every six months or so is the enchanted pumpkin’s life span, after which it shrivels up. It’s magical essence goes back into the pumpkin patch and new pumpkins are formed, and with the husks, I make all sorts of things. With a long family history of woodwork and carpentry skills, I grind down, dry out and build everything from cutlery to canvases out of the pumpkin remains. With paints and brushes in hand, I spent part of my day turning these magical canvases into works of art. Even in it’s withered and dried form, the magic of the pumpkin still exist within the fibers, which is why all items made from the pumpkin patch, must remain in the pumpkin patch to protect it from landing into the wrong hands.

Harvesting and Sharing:

meeting with visitors

Around teatime I often have a few special guests come by to say hi. As the day progressed, it was time to select some of the most beautiful pumpkins for my guests. I carefully gathered them, leaving behind a symphony of colors. These pumpkins carry the essence of the patch and the secrets of ancient spells. They also make great pumpkin pies. Yes, I do cook and eat the pumpkins, it doesn’t hurt them, and it gives the consumer a huge boost in healthy vitamins, along with a few magical side effects, if you are a non-magic user.

Interacting with Visitors:

pumpkin pie

In the afternoon, I welcomed my visitors to the farm. Their eyes always light up at the sight of the enchanting pumpkins, and I love taking them on a journey through the patch. It's a privilege to watch their faces transform with wonder and delight as they discover the magic hidden among the vines. Then we all settled down in the gazebo for some tea and pumpkin pie. They always bring a box of supplies that I ask for that I cannot get myself from the pumpkins or the vegetable garden out back, so I am forever grateful to their visits and look forward to seeing them again next week.

Evening Reprieve:

a little night readings

As the day turned into twilight, I retreated to my cozy cottage, nestled amidst the pumpkins. The colors of the evening sky painted the patch in ethereal shades. It was a moment to reflect on the enchantment that surrounds me. Moss often greates me at the door with her insistant meow that she has not been fed, even though she did get a big slice of pumpkin pie just like everyone else. I quickly make us out dinner, and then I settle in for a long evening with a good book read by candle light.

Closing Thoughts:

Diary, my days on the pumpkin patch are beautiful, and endless. I hope to live here for as long as I can. I'm grateful for every moment I get to spend here, and I hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse into my world.
Until next time,
Elisha ----
Other posts with Elisha:


Comments