Musing Monday: 10 Things I liked about 2017

This year I wanted to look back on what have been the best parts of 2017 for me. There are so many things that I tend to replay over and over again, so when something really jumps out at me I tend to get really into it for a long time, and it becomes the focal point of that year!

So first, let's start with Games.



1. This year my favourite Game has to be Resident Evil 7:


 #RandomSource

When this game came out I was really excited. My girlfriend and  I had been waiting for it for months. We even bought the special Season Pass with the preorder just because we wanted to get everything we could out of the latest instalment of an already amazing series. Having played Resident Evil 4, 5 & 6 together and loving it, we had to get our hands on this new edition as well.

First impressions: I was scared as F**K!!!!! OMG. I couldn't even watch it without hyperventilating. I still haven't attempted to play this game on my own. Watching my girlfriend play it was enough for me. She muscled through every challenge with determination and grit, and even managed to finish the game within a couple of days from the release date! I was really impressed and loved every minute of sitting next to her, cheering her on, and enjoying the masterpiece that is Resident Evil 7. She actually recorded a good portion of it via Twitch and uploaded it onto Youtube, so here is her first game play video of playing REV 7 !!!


 2. My Next Category is Food: Tofu

I have eaten so much tofu this year, I feel like I am 75% water, 25% Soya bean. 
 #RandomSource
 
I have had Fried tofu.
  #RandomSource


Tofu in noodles
 #RandomSource

Tofu on Rice
 #RandomSource

Tofu in spagethi
 #RandomSource

Tofu wrap
 #RandomSource

Tofu sandwich
  #RandomSource

Soya bean drinks
 #RandomSource

It's  been Tofu all around all year long....

And guess what,
 #RandomSource


I still love it o.o
 #RandomSource


    3. Favourite Herb of the year: Mint


    I have always loved mint, but this year in particular I got a potted mint plant as an anniversary present from my girlfriend!!! I love plants, and in our tiny apartment it has been a dream of mine to have an indoor garden.

    Here is the potted plant:

    I haven't started growing it yet because I want to find a time when my girlfriend is free to help me video tape the first stages of the planting process. 

    Here is the side of the pot:

    I really hope it's as easy as the instructions make it out to be. I want to be a really good gardener to these little cuties.

    My girlfriend, being the sweetest person ever, went with me to Daiso to buy a few items to help me to grow this lovely lil mint plant. 

    The first item we picked up is this lovely glass water dispenser which sprays like an old perfume bottle. I am absolutely in love with it, and it was only $2!!


    Then we bought a small set of shears and a small shovel, which I feel will come in handy when I start cultivating my tiny lil MintMint. 


    We also bought a basket and pot dishes to contain all of these items in one place. 
    This is the full set up! I definitely am going to do more research about MintMint to help the plant grow, so I think I'll be doing another separate post just about Mint plants. 

    Also as a side note I think you can tell by now what is my favourite color XD.





    4. Favourite Crystal of the Year: Amethyst



    My favourite crystal of the year has got to be the Amethyst. I started wearing it to promote creativity and positive energy into my imediate surroundings, and I found that even though I couldn't see a physical changed in my activities, I saw a physical change in the pendant itself!

    When I bought the pendant, I bought a few at the same time as I hoped to give a few to my friends as gifts. This is an extra pendant that I have never worn since I purchased all the pendants:

    And this is the pendant I have worn every day!


    I don't really know whether it was my obsessive wearing of this pendant day in and day out...

    Me today:



    But definitely the pendant has changed the longer I have worn it, such as the gold coating has worn off and the shine has faded from the metal chain, but the stone itself seems to have become brighter and more luminous:

    Again, the unused one:

    VS the one I wear everyday:

    It's a very curious thing! The stone seems smoother and cool to touch, and I feel very calm when I wear it. I really don't care that the chain isn't golden or the clasp isn't shiny, I love it just as it is, and it makes me feel really positive and full of creative energy every time I touch it. 

    I definitely want to do a whole blog post about Amethyst in future because of seeing the changes in this crystal. I had no idea crystals could evolve like this until I started wearing it! It's kinda cool :3

    5. Favourite Celebration of the Year: Christmas


    My favourite celebration of the year has got to be this year's Christmas. My girlfriend isn't about Christmas and stuff, but I always have loved it, and this year my girlfriend made it extra special for me as she bought me lego!!!

    A Huge Box of 900 pieces awaited me under lovely blue wrapping paper o.o

     My happiness level has been through the roof every since!


    Now the proud owners of 900 blocks of lego, the first thing we had to do was organise it, so we went to Daiso and bought several containers. Then we divided the lego blocks by colour:


    Yes we are both lil gay nerds. XD

    After that we had so much fun building cool lego structures and hanging out at home.  It made me feel really at ease because I have social anxiety, which means I can't go out for christmas dinners and stuff even though I want to socialize; I start feeling really anxious and end up looking around rapidly and getting really freaked out for no reason. So having a home-based celebration was very stress-free and relaxing for me. 




    I felt like I could just focus on myself and my partner, and taking my medication, so it was a lovely way to wrap up a long weekend holiday. 


    6. Favourite Movie of the Year: Kingsman


    My favourite movie of 2017 has got to be Kingsmen: The Golden Circle.
     #RandomSource

    It was witty, funny, sexy and intelligent all rolled into one well timed movie. I found that I was engaged throughout, and there were a lot of twists that made me find the movie not as predictable as I initially thought it would be. 

    PLUS I can watch this part over and over again:

     #RandomSource

     #RandomSource

    I mean seriously. This for me is the BEST SCENE OF THE YEAR. 

    If you haven't watched it yet, well, I don't know what's stopping you. You have to go see it, it is absolutely worth the money. 


    7. Favourite Song Of The Year: Fly Like A Butterfly





    Ok. This has to do with the fact that I watch Markiplier's gamesplays EVERYDAY. So. I'm super biased. But hell yeah, that is a good song! So motivating!

     I listen to this when I need a pump-up song to help me finish that art illustration that has tiny details that drive me crazy; it never fails to keep me pumped up and awake.


    8. Favourite TV Show of the Year: Stranger Things


    Stranger Things, hands down. 
     #RandomSource

    My girlfriend and I watched it all within a couple of days. Season 1 and 2, just, all of it. 
     #RandomSource

    Every single episode. Every single plot devise. It was perfect. I loved it so much. I really hope that there is a Season 3 because it was seriously the best thing I have watched this year. I love it so much.
     #RandomSource

    I even forced my girlfriend to buy me Eggos, and I don't even eat waffles on a daily basis!
     #RandomSource


    9. Favourite Anime of The Year: Star Vs The Forces of Evil


    My favourite animation of the year is Star Vs the Forces of Evil!!!
     #RandomSource

    Ok ok so I know this started in 2015 or something but I only came across it this year and I love it so much. It is so cute. So cheerful. The plot is always funny and light-hearted, and finally!! A Magical girl who is not only pretty and feminine all the time but also a wicked cool bad-ass! 
     #RandomSource

    I also love how her friend Marco knows karate and he fights by her side, which really is a mature take on equality and friendship between the opposite sexes.
     #RandomSource

     I really love that positive message and I think it's super cool that it's going into a Season 4!!! *totally looking forward to that!

     #RandomSource

    10. Artist of the Year: CreamyPop


    I think my favourite artist of this year is definitely Creamypop
    I first heard about CreamyPop Thought Marzia

    when they collaborated on these awesome pins:


    Like OMG are these not the cutest pugs you have ever seen? 

    So anyway I went on her website and looked up her art and everything is AMAZING. I just love it. 

    I'm kinda broke at the moment so I can't buy any of these lovely things, but I am saving up for it!!! So one day I will share with you what I bought from CreamyPop! Until then, I will just stare at all of it in awe and admiration. :3

    Alright that's it for this my major #Favs of 2017! Thank you so much for joining me today as I recapped my favourite parts of 2017!

    Come back on the 30th of December 2018 to see what were my favourite things of 2018! Until tomorrow, may your midnights always be magical,

    Happy New Year!


    Comments