New Works Wednesday: Chinese New Year and Other Cute Things :3

Every week I like to create new art for my Redbubble Account. Sometimes it is themed, sometimes it is a revamped old design and more often than not it is something completely new!

 This week I have something of each. Let's start first with the first Theme of the Month;
Chinese New Year!

 Chinese New Year is celebrated here in Singapore. During this time there is a lot of red and gold everywhere, which represent good fortune and good health. This time of the year inspires me to create designs that integrate a lot of gold and red into the design. Here are just a few of the many designs you can view in my portfolio:

The Golden Seal



The Golden Cranes


Check out more designs here in my portfolio: 

Chinese New Year


Next up are these beautiful Blue Bells. I actually created the original design several years ago, however I love blue bells so much that I had to expand on the design further. 

Blue Bells in Navy Blue


To view this design, as well as several other plant designs that I have created, you can click here to view them all:

Flower Dreams


And lastly this week I created some fanart! I am a huge fan of Star from "Star VS the Forces of Evil". 
I wanted to create a somewhat more mature, maybe even a little sultry version of Star, and so I did just that. Here are the two portraits I created:

Star Daydreaming


Star as a Teen


I even drew her wand in order to include it into the portraits as a background:


If you want to see these illustrations up close, they are available here:

Fan Art

If you have sweet tooth, I also uploaded so yummy donuts this week, so please check them out. Here is one of my favourite:

Strawberry Cream Donut with Double Chocolate Fudge

Which you can view here:

 Sweet Things


And last but not least is my old design of the Tampines Watermelon Playground! It is an iconic place in Tampines. I live quite near it and I often enjoy walking to it and admiring the park that surrounds it. 

The Tampines Watermelon Playground


I actually created this artwork for a local competition. Although I did not win, I really enjoyed that day when I took a walk with my girlfriend to take pictures of it. Later that same week I remember drawing the sketch for it and completing the illustration digitally.

My girlfriend had found out that the location that we were supposed to mail the printed artwork to was quite nearby. Ambitious, I decided to walk there and my girlfriend came along to make sure that I didn't get lost.

Just as we arrived I remember it began to rain. We ran, hand in hand to the location, however, because I was laughing and gripping the paper too hard, I crumpled up the edge of the print and it ended up looking quite battered when I handed it over to the judges. I knew immediately I wouldn't win because, despite the artwork itself looking alright, the print itself looked quite awful. 

My girlfriend then took me to a nearby coffee shop to dry off. She bought for us some delicious burgers and fries and we chatted for a while, waiting for the rain to die down. Finally, when the sun came out, we made our way home. At the time I was quite dejected about the situation but then I realised that I didn't really care; that memory of spending time with my dear one for me was enough of a prize.

So there you have it, those are this week's newest designs. As always may your day be magical. I'll see you in the next time. 
Goodbye!



Comments