Mandalas


So I was reading a book about how to create your own mandalas, and these are the three mandalas that I created just before I had to return the book back to the library. One of the things I really loved about creating these mandalas was that there was no real structure to them? A lot of Mandalas I see online involve a lot of symmetry so when I read in "Creating Mandalas: For Insight, Healing, and Self-Expression " that there were actually mandalas that were more freeform, it inspired me to create these mandalas to help channel my emotions into something tangible.































Often when I was growing up, people told me that I was a very cold, robotic, almost void individual, who is full of pride and arrogance and a rebellious nature. Up to now I don't know how to evoke a feeling of warm or love into my nature outside of a forced perception of tolerance of others around me. The best way to describe it is. It's not that I hate people...it's that I'd rather spend my time with plants and my soulmate, because they know where to look to find the love within me.


The Void:




So when I started creating these mandalas, and all these soft shapes and fierce colors came bubbling up to the surface, it made me realise that although yes, perhaps on a certain level, I am all those things, but there is so much more to me, deeper. Like a volcano, to get to the depth of my emotional capacity, you have to be willing to withstand the lava and the toxic gas that is there as well, deep beneath the surface of my seemingly inactive existence. That, to me, explains my first Mandala "The Void". Where there should be darkness, where there should be silence, there is so much rage and calm just battling with each other, and then balancing each other out.



The Bliss:


And when I think of being. Existing. Being a part of this great universe that we live in, I think of hope. I think of rain. I think of the laughter of the childlike heart and the love of friends and family. I think of the sacrifice given to us that animals have made to feed us and our children. I think of the strong trees that still stand tall, despite all that they have been through and all they have seen. This world is so old, and so new. So green and so blue, and that is where Bliss came from. That appreciation of life itself.




The Spiral:




Sometimes I think that I'd rather spend my time in the hills, a hermit, away from it all, but then I struggle with those conflicting emotions that remind me that as I grow older, I keep falling in love with, well, people. Despite my aversion to most in general, there are some which have certain quirks and personalities that are all so amazing and vibrant. The love I have for them is not sexual or romantic love. It is a love that one would have for a beautiful child, whether that child be an art project or a human being. It lives on in your heart, and when it smiles, it makes you smile too.

 That is where Spiral comes from. Though the elements call me. Though nature is where I feel most at home. Within my world there will always be the tiny part of it which is home to all the lovely people that I have chosen to love, and who love me in return. It might be a very small part of me, and these people may one day fall out of love with the cold-blooded artwitch girlchild that I am, and who knows, one day I might disappear into nature and never return again, but that connection will always remain, because it's the part of me that makes me human.




See all the Mandalas here:⠀ https://buff.ly/2AhQGkv

I think there will be more mandalas in the near future, however for now, this was really satisfactory, and I enjoyed the short but sweet process very much. It's getting easier to make time for self love now that I am prioritizing it into my life. I hope to keep sharing these lovely bits of me and my space here with you. :3






















Comments