Witches of America - A book that made me re-think my connection to Paganism




After many days I finished reading this book! It was a very intriguing but at the same time a difficult read. I was not expecting the last few chapters, especially when it came to talking about. Necromancy I felt really overwhelmed.



 I think after reading this book, I don't think I can identify as a witch if it means practicing those darker arts. I understand now that there are many ways to be a witch, and that you don't need to follow any specific path but your own, however, I can also see how important it is to educate oneself before committing to any school of thought.

 I've been reading quite a few books of magic and religious texts, however, nothing has made me really afraid and forced me to have to put the book down and meditate for a while to calm down the fear rising up than the topic of necromancy. I've come across it in passing, but to hear about it and read it like that, as someone completely green, was shocking.

 I feel that now, I can kind of understand what it is about, but beyond that... let's just say that is the ONLY text I will even willingly read about it. It is a topic I cannot stomach. It's the same reason why despite how much I longed to be a doctor, I could never pursue that dream. How do I cut up human flesh and sew it up again when I faint or become ill at the sight of fresh blood?

Overall I feel like the book was a real eye-opener. Next book - something about Nature. I think I'm gonna just stick with my plants from now on. Indie the plant lady!!! 😊

Comments