Yesterday's tears

My girlfriend and I sat down and talked about the direction of the business yesterday.
Blurry eyed, tired as hell and on the verge of tears, she cried and pleaded with me
to not change anything until she finally found the time to fix things and make
things right for the business.

I know I am a hard little cookie, but it's times like this that makes me want to crumble
into cookie dough and just be OK and "I won't rock the boat", however it is exactly
because it is safer to just not do anything, that I get up and I do something.

It is exactly because in her eyes, and her tears, I can see how genuinely she loves her
business, that I put in the extra mile and dig up some roots to try and make it grow again.

In 2019, I am not going to let it die out. I want to see it thrive, because my darling deserves it.
She really does, and I love her for it.

She is my heart and soul, and I don't want anyone else in my life but her.


Comments