Creating the Crow

I felt like everything was black, the other day.
I could barely get through the day, let alone my work,
and I had a lot of dark thoughts.



It's like this creeping finger right at the back of you head
sending shivers down your spine




That's what it's like when I'm going through a black period.



I can't even say for sure if I am "better".


Maybe treading water is the closest to how I'm feeling right now, which is why I can resurface and create this blog post. However at any moment I am very aware of how fast I can be swallowed up into the void of the creeping fears and paranoia that rule the darker parts of my mind.




I called my girlfriend and she told me, because she couldn't take leave and come home and be with me, a good way to work through the pain and fear was to channel it into something, and she suggested that I draw something. And that is how the crow was born.



So what you see here is my process. It was created over several hours, which I have condensed into 8 minutes.

And below the video is the final product.

THE CROW



When my girlfriend saw it
she said

"Ah. I can see how you've been
feeling today. It looks dark."

This is why I'm with her. She's not afraid, even when I am.
I can rely on her to make something scary
bearable.

She is my anchor.
The water in which the crow stands on.

The stability within the change.

Yes, I am the darkness. I am the crow.





Acrylic on Cartridge Paper
Created by Aidah
2019

Do check out my instagram account for regular ar updates:



And if you would like to support me, you can purchase any of my prints from my art shop:






Comments