Black Lives Matter: How you can help ( Resources )


I get a lot of my information on the current situation from instagram.
Here are the resources that I have gathered from various users on Instagram
as well as people and organisations that you should consider donating to
during this difficult period. 

First, two links to resources for those who are struggling right now, 
and need financial or legal help:




(Provided by @lilperc666)


And here are a few posts that stood out to me that gave some good information on 
organisations you should consider donating to as well as people you should
consider helping:




View this post on Instagram

educate yourself #blackouttuesday

A post shared by risse (@rissespuffs) on




 
To be honest the call for help is vast an overwhelming. The list of people in need is countless so
please, if there is any organisation, person or cause that you feel is related to this situation, feel 
free to comment in the comment section and I will try my best to include as many as possible 
by updating this post with links to those organisations or places.

This post is for those who are currently being affected by the current situation, so please only include links and information in the comment section to organisations that support Black people or are run by black people who need aid in anyway. I will be looking through each comment and will reply to those that are appropriate, and will delete those that are not. Thank you. 

And for those who are not black and are looking for ways to be an ally:


View this post on Instagram

(Guide via @gisellebuchanan) I’ve learned so much. I’ve practiced sitting with myself in my discomfort. I am descended from oppressors. People who drove indigenous people from their lands in the name of religion. People who owned slaves. I have always loved learning about my family history. I feel a connection to many of my ancestors. But too often I have turned a blind eye to the fact that they were oppressors. Everything I have accomplished has been made easier because of my skin. I’ve benefited from hundreds of years white supremacy and systemic racism. A reality I need to look straight in the face if I want to be a better ally. I don’t mean to make this about me and my white discomfort. But hopefully other white people can benefit from hearing it. I don’t know. I do know that I don’t want to be comfortable. It’s our job to face this. . . . . I’ve been posting some great resources I’ve discovered the past few days and you can check them out on my profile under “resources”. I’ll keep posting more, as well as the many black artists I find. . . . . If you repost this guide to your story, please do it directly from @gisellebuchanan’s post if you can!

A post shared by Hannah Hillam (@hannahhillam) on



Comments