I'm riding on a fucking bicycle

 


I almost got hit by a car. Three times. This one was the most recent one. I'm just tired at this point.

lyrics

White car
Rain falling
Riding slow
On the zebra crossing
Cars stopped
Seemed safe
On the otherside
Fate awaits
A silent speed
Eyes locked
He looked at me
Like i was a rock
And drove off

I swerved left
My heart a flutter
Fear and dread
And then i shudder
Bile in my throat
Tears in my eyes

I asked myself
Am i gonna die?

No one cares
In the distance he fades
I ride on
Forever changed.

How many times do i
Look both ways
If you're just gonna
Keep trying to kill me
Anyway

How many times
Do I stop and check
If in the middle of the road
You decide that i should die?

I don't know you
But I wouldn't do that to you
I don't care about you
But I wouldn't do that to you
I don't see you
But I wouldn't do that to you
I don't need you
But I wouldn't do that to you
I don't love you
But I wouldn't do that to you
I don't
And I wouldn't

But you would.
You would.
You would.
You would.
You would.
You would.
You would.
You would.

You would.

credits

from Highway Dreams, released November 1, 2020

Comments