FORGOTTEN SPACES: Broken Pot of Roses

 About "Forgotten Spaces":

Forgotten Spaces is a series of artworks that I sketched years ago. Each space is a fictional location based in an alternative reality that I either wrote about and forgot, or in the story itself, it exists within the same realm  however to be interacted with of visited by the characters that exist with that realm of imagination. 

About "The Broken Pot of Roses Underwater":

The broken post represents my body, broken, and yet still preserved in the water that it is surrounded by. The roses pouring out are my thoughts, my feelings, my fears and my dreams. There is so much within me that I would like to express, and this image always came to mind when I thought about those things.

Just as everything is submerged, I like to keep most of myself underwater, where things are blurry and distorted. The body feels lighter inside the water and I can float on the surface as if nothing is wrong, allowing me to drift away with the tide. 





This series is part of the "Forgotten Spaces" Series. Click here to purchase this print:






Comments