Things that People say about my Art & Things I say to Myself

 Yeah I hear it. All the murmurs and the whispers. They echo in my mind. Outside I say I'm fine but I'm not fine. Sometimes the words dance around my head until they make me dizzy that I feel sick. I try to put on a smile and say I don't care, but I care. It hurts. But what can I do? I know I'm not a great artist. I'm just trying to get by. I wish you'd understand. I wish you would accept me for who I am. Love me or leave me, I'm just trying to survive.





I'm creating these Type Arts to purge the words from my mind. It's the only way I know how to process any kind of pain I'm going through - by creating. I don't even care if you think it's good, or it's not good. I'm crying inside, and these words that were given me, sliced me open. Even when they person who said them have long gone, they still stand there staring at me, judging me, and I want it to stop.








https://aidadaism.threadless.com/collections/type-art/


I need to protect this, this life I'm creating for myself, because sometimes I start to say the same toxic words back to myself, and that's why I've also created " Things I say to myself in the mirror" - to remind myself that these questions are valid. They are not small, they are not tiny, they are huge and they are scary, but I will ask them, and one day, I will answer them confidently. Just not right now. 













Comments