Soft Flower - Outlined and Painted

 

The painterly art style outlined. It features painterly elements, with bold outlines and darker shading. Here I try to bring out the flower in a way that everything is in focus, and everything is appreciated. It is only a few lines away from the painterly style, however, the additional contrast of the black outlines, it really enhances the illustration and draws everything into focus.

Although sure, I love this style of art a lot, over the years the concept of what my personal art style is has evolved time and time again. I think maybe, most accurately, this style is my style for this current season of my life.
.
Last year when I was working on Halloween artworks, I was really interested in pushing myself to incorporate a lot of details, and have a lot more fantasy-style elements to my work. Now, I kind of just want to appreciate the subject matter at hand and develop my style from there. Whatever comes out of it, I'm starting to accept that this, is me, for a time.





.

Comments