Work- In - Progress Thursday: Bejeweled (Part 1)

I created Bejeweled a long time ago when I was very into reading yaoi comics with my friends. I really admire the sensual flow of the anatomy that many mangaka seemed to attain in their illustrations, and I wanted to do the same. Bejeweled was an inspired sexless and yet sensual illustration that draws attention the form, rather than the person the form belongs to. It is a look at how lines and sparkles creates this sensual hard yet soft, delicious yet sharp feeling that you want to but you know you can't touch, because although it seems to be inviting, the jewels could easily cut you if you were to approach the figure and hold them.

On a deeper level, I feel that it is also a look at self-love. This is also an illustration of how one chooses to beautiful themselves, not based on any normal standard of reality, but on what they resonate with, and with the sexual tension in the body, the fluidity of the curves and forms, you can tell that the figure definitely resonates with themselves and has learnt how to accept themselves for who they are, bejeweled and all.

I'm thinking of doing a whole series of figures, just like this one, to look at how the different forms and shapes evoke different feelings inside me. They will all be featured on DecadentArt when I have finished the series. :3

Comments