The Charities that I support through my art on Threadless





Taken from my Instagram Post: 

Hi kittens!! This post is really heart and soul about you. I haven't addressed the kind souls who are here, quietly supporting me, but this post is about you kittens, this post is to you. 
.
I'll be creating a more detailed post about this on my blog, aidadaism.blogspot.com, however, I'd just like to come here and say kittens, thank you.
.
 Thank you so much for supporting my art, for supporting what I do, so that I can in turn, support causes that mean a lot to me. 
.
Im thankful that you love my art, or that you support these causes that are close to my heart, or both, do check out my collections that feature the artworks that are supporting these causes on threadless, link in bio.
.
And it is because of you that that I will not stop creating. None of us have a lot these days, so I treasure every cent I recieve  and that is why even though these numbers are not amazing, I am proudly putting them up here because you kittens did this, not just for me, but for those in need. 
.
 As long as I can make art, I will continue to give back a portion of the sales to help others like me, who are in need of help and support. I myself am not in the best financial situation, so being able to split what I get from each sale with those who need it, means the world to me. 
.
So once again, thank you kittens, thank you so much. 🥰
.

 Let's Talk About The Charities:

So the above is my initial reaction to this table. It shows a tabulation of all the money that has been distributed to the different charities, as well as the number of sales that have resulted in these numbers. This is great, but it also started to make me question how much I really know about these charities, such that I am willing to assign a percentage of my sales, no matter how much I earn from them, in the vein of supporting them. 

You see I've been burnt so many times and so my overly cautious mind wants to believe the best in others, however, I am also very wary of being taken advantage of. In order to reassure not only myself but also those who are taking their hard-earned cash to support me and my art, I will be looking into each charity.

 I would also like to reach out to you to also contribute whatever information you have about them. In order to keep the information up to date and consistent, whatever you would like to share needs to be backed up with facts, references, links and other pieces of evidence.

If you want to give your positive or negative opinion about these charities I won't be deleting them unless it becomes vulgar or straight up disrespectful. I would like to keep these few blog-posts in relation to the charities as helpful as possible in terms of sharing information that is as accurate as the day that I posted it. 

Another big reason why I am turning to you for support is I'm also not physically near these charities that I am supporting. I am mainly trusting the internet for my information about these companies, which is why I feel I have to put out this request for help to verify this information. Let me know via the comment section below if any of the information I have provided is wrong, or do let me know if I should update/include any new information.

With that said, here is the list of blog post which each talk about each of the charities my art have supported and will continue to support as of the 6th of December 2020, until otherwise proven to be misleading or uncharitable in some way:


The List of Charities:













My aim, at the end of the day, is to verify that the money is going towards good people who are helping good people. I understand if anyone might feel as if I am coming across as harsh or unnecessarily over-cautious, but this is 2021, and we have all watched enough of the News, Youtube or wherever you get your source of information - may be Reddit - to know that nothing is forever. No matter what year it is, keep me posted. 

This list will also be updated whenever I add another charity to the list of charities that I am supporting through my art on Threadless. 

Thank you again so much for taking the time to read this post and stay informed. I am always trying my best to keep myself up-to-date with news that affects me and those around me, and so I hope that if these issues were a concern to you, that this sheds a little light on these charities as well as my stand on them as an artist. 

As always, may your days be magical, I will see you in the next time. 




Comments